Sunday, March 25, 2012

Heartbreak ..


When I met you for the first time,
          You decided to hate me for no reason or rhyme.
I then asked you to join me for dinner and wine,
          And you went with me to decide if I am worth a dime.
That is when we started talking and hanging out,
          You let your mind open and feelings branch out.
Slowly it progressed from friendship to attraction,
           And you decided to put your love into action.
I told you it wont work and its not what it seems,
           But you wont listen and you kept following me.
I knew I was foolish, it was too good to be true,
           But your attention was flattering, to you my heart flew.
It was good going all the while I stayed strong,
           No matter how you treated me, right or wrong.
One day I lose it, and show you my weakness,
           You just decide that I am now over any feelings between us.
You prod me, scold me and make me cry,
            You force me to decide on what side am I.
I tell you I am upset and that is not the best course,
          But have you ever considered that my heart could also be sore?
Its always your feelings, its always your love,
          If I ever complain, all you do is yell "holy cow"!!
After months of this treatment I have now snapped,
          I now give up on us coz now my energy is zapped.
I know I cant do it, I cant always be strong,
          Its a two way relation,I am sometimes allowed to be wrong.
But you do not give me that freedom or that space,
         You do not care if I am hurt or am in haze.
All you care is I never hurt your feelings,
         No matter what it does to my heart, soul and being.
I took time off to cool myself down,
        And I then realized that I am not that strong.
I cant keep my feelings bottled up forever,
       But to you I can express them never.
I finally made a choice to let go,
       Not that it is easy or you are easy to forgo.
This time it's over I'm keeping my heart,
        I'm gonna be strong and not fall apart
I hope it'll get better, I'll no longer cry,
        In a couple of weeks I won't want to die.
Somehow I know we'll meet again, not quite sure where or when,
        It could be any season, sunshine or rain.
Though we I part ways with tears in my eyes,
       Your will be in my heart, until then good-bye.